Here are 10 free Earth Day activities and printables to help you teach, review, and practice the important of Earth conservation.
These 10 free Earth Day activities will generate meaningful discussions about our planet, engage students in hands-on practice, and encourage creativity into finding solutions for creating a cleaner and healthier planet. I’ve complied a list of Earth Day projects, crafts, writing prompts, reading comprehension passages, and STEM activities.
Earth Day Comprehension Activities
Teach your students the importance of taking care of our planet with these comprehension passages & activities! Includes both printable and digital versions for 3rd-5th grade students.
PS: Check out my favorite Earth Day Readalouds here!
10 Free Earth Day Activities & Resources for Teachers
1. Earth Booklet & Plant Sequencing Cards– Free Earth Day Activities by Alleah Maree
In this freebie, you’ll find a bunch of fun activities for your little students to learn about plants, how they grow, and the Earth!
2. Trash to Treasure Digital Slides Project by Sweet Tooth Teaching
Google Slides STEM Project to help students understand the importance of reusing! Students will create an item using recycled/reusable materials found around their home. This is a DIGITAL resource which allows students to type in the text boxes and add photos. (Can be used on Google Slides or PowerPoint.)
3. Earth Day Fact or Opinion by Lucky Little Learners
Learn all about Earth Day by sorting facts and opinions about our planet.
4. Earth Day Necklace by The Crafty Classroom
Send your students home with an important Earth Day message to share with their parents!
5. Happy Earth Vs. Sad Earth Sorting by Tot Schooling
Have your students work in groups to sort good and bad choices.
6. Earth Day Vocabulary Posters by Pocket of Preschool
Display these all week long for reference!
7. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Sort by Stories by Storie
Have your students sort out different Earth Day scenarios based on the three R’s.
8. Earth Day Reader by A Dab of Glue Will Do
Help your students learn more about Earth Day with this nonfiction reader.
9. Earth Day Hat with Recycling Activity by Smitten with First
This cut and paste lesson on reducing, reusing, and recycling is turned into an adorable craft that students can take home!
10. Free Earth Day Writing Activities by Sweet Tooth Teaching
Earth Day writing and planning sheets will help your students transfer everything they’ve learned onto paper! This freebie also includes Earth craft to attach to their writing piece.
Free Earth Day Writing Template
This free printable Earth Day writing activity also includes a craft that can be used as an Earth Day display!
I hope that you and your students enjoy these ten free Earth Day resources!
Check out my favorite Earth Day Picture Books here!