The holiday season is upon us which means it’s time to start shopping for the children in your life! But with so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right toys for our little ones. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best toy gift ideas for toddlers. These are all screen-free toys that encourage imaginative play and language development in the early preschool years. From educational toys to pretend play, these gifts are sure to bring smiles to their faces. So get ready to be the best gift-giver this holiday season with these top toy picks for toddlers.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may make a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Pretend Play Toddler Toys:
Pretend play toys allow our toddlers to practice important life skills at their level. These pretend play toys can make your toddler feel included in the household chores and day-to-day tasks happening around their home. They’re also great language development toys! Check out some of my favorite pretend play toys below.
1. Grocery Store for Pretend Play – It’s time to grocery shop! This pretend grocery store is a fun way to teach your toddler about grocery shopping, scanning their items, and paying for their purchases. Practice real-world skills and language with your little one.
2. Diner Play Set for Kids – This diner restaurant play set encourages social interaction and communication skills. Toddlers can take turns being the chef or server, practicing their language skills by taking orders and communicating with their ‘customers’.
3. Play Sink with Running Water – Toddlers love participating in household chores! This play sink with running water allows them to practice washing dishes, fruits, and veggies, making them feel like they’re a part of the kitchen chores in a hands-on way. This is a huge hit in my house!
4. Camera for Toddlers – Picture time! Your child will love being the one behind the camera. This camera is simple and easy to use for young kids making it easy for your toddler to take pictures of all of the things happening around them.
5. Play Kitchen – It’s time to cook up some fun! With cabinet, oven, fridge, and freezer doors that open and close as well as knobs that turn, your toddler will love bringing their food creations to life in their very own toddler-sized kitchen. There are so many opportunities for language development with this toy! Interact with your little learner as they cook up some food for you– “Hot”, “Sizzle”, “Flip” “Mix” “Open”, “Ready!”, “Thank You” and more.
6. Pretend Kitchen Appliances – These kitchen appliances allow your toddler to pretend to make their own coffee, toast, and sweets. Perfect for adding to a play kitchen or using separately. These are actual working appliances! The coffee maker pours water, the toaster has a timer, and the mixer actually mixes!
7. Baby Doll Nursery Playset – Whether you’re preparing for a younger sibling or just want to teach your toddler pretend play, this crib and high chair set includes everything your toddler needs to take care of their baby doll.
8. Veterinarian Playset – Perfect for the animal-loving child, this vet play set allows your child to be the vet as they give their very own puppy a check-up.
Art & STEM Toys:
Many toddlers love art especially, but finding toys that they can interact with that are age-appropriate can feel difficult. The activities below are fun, hands-on, and age-appropriate. Plus, they’re toddler-approved by my daughter.
1. Build a Flower Kit – Your toddler is going to love this DIY garden! This STEM flower set allows toddlers to build their fine motor skills as they combine different parts of flowers and leaves to make their own exciting creations. We love adding this activity to our restaurant go bag.
2. Magnet Tiles – These magnet tiles teach it all! Teaching colors, shapes, fine motor skills, and more, there are so many uses for these fun magnetic tiles. Your toddlers will love building houses, cars, and more, and you’ll love building alongside them (trust me!).
3. Silicone Painting Mat – Painting without the mess! This silicone painting mat has everything you need to keep painting contained. It includes 16 grids for paint, a collapsible water bowl, and a silicone surface for toddlers to paint on. You’ll be happy to say goodbye to the painting mess while still saying hello to fun!
4. Play-Doh Set – You can never have enough of this childhood favorite. This set features 15 cans of Play-Doh, a toy mixer, a cookie sheet, and other tools to help toddlers bring their own sweets to life. My daughter plays with this toy for hours!
5. Pom Pom Art – You’re going to love this reusable art project that teaches colors, shapes, fine motor skills, and problem-solving skills. Consider adding a pair of tongs for an added challenge.
6. Kinetic Sand Kit – Kinetic Sand is a fun hands-on way to create. This ice cream set allows toddlers to create their own ice cream sundaes, waffles, ice cream cones, and ice cream sandwiches. A sweet activity for toddlers to play alone or with you!
7. Bracelet Kit – This bracelet kit is a perfect way to introduce your toddler to jewelry. Containing fun beads of all shapes and sizes, your toddler will love snapping them together to create their own masterpiece.
Educational Toys for Toddlers:
Adding toys to your rotation that teach colors, numbers, and more is a great way to help toddlers play to learn. Check out some of my favorites below.
1. Play Ice Cream Cart – Let’s get scooping! This play ice cream cart allows toddlers to make their own ice cream creations as they build memory and sequencing skills. Other skills targeted include numbers, colors, and money.
2. Seek and Find Zoo Game – This is one of our favorite games in my house. This animal-themed matching game helps toddlers build their vocabulary, letter recognition, and memory skills all at the same time. Have your toddler jump on the spaces to add movement in too!
3. Opposites Puzzle for Toddlers – These puzzles are great for independent toddler play or as an activity with you! Help your toddler master their opposites as they put together these 30 opposite puzzles. The puzzles are self-correcting, making them perfect for toddlers.
4. Counting Dinosaurs Sorting Set – Another favorite in our house! These counting dinosaurs can be used in so many ways. Have your toddler sort by color or number, make patterns, or compare them. A pair of tongs is included to build fine motor skills as well.
5. Fisher-Price Farm – Teaching your toddler farm animals? Grab this farm playset. It includes the major farm animals, a farmer, and food play pieces. It teaches counting, colors, opposites, and animal sounds too!
6. LeapFrog 2-in-1 LeapTop Touch- This mini computer is perfect for long car rides! My 3-year-old daughter played with it for 2 hours straight on our way to Disney! It converts into a touch-screen tablet and helps preschoolers with letter recognition, letter sounds, counting, music. and much more!
If your toddler loves music, these toys are sure to be a hit! From singing to playing instruments, and more, they’re the perfect addition to any music-loving child’s toy box.
1. Bluetooth Microphone for Kids – Karaoke fun: toddler style. This microphone features toddler favorites like the ABCs, Wheels on the Bus, and more. It can also be connected to a Bluetooth device so that your child can sing any of their other favorite songs.
2. Tonie Box – Screen-free music and storytime perfect for any toddler! The Tonie Box is an audio player that uses different figurines to play music and stories for kids. From Disney princesses to popular books, and more, there are tons of tonie figures to choose from!
3. Drum set – Let your toddler move to their own beat as they play with this fun drum set. They can play with or without drumsticks to bring their own music to life.
Outdoor toys are always a good way to help toddlers soak up the sunshine and move their bodies. The outdoor toys below are a way to help your toddler do just that!
1. Outdoor Playhouse – This toddler toy can last for years which makes it such a great investment. Perfect for indoors or outdoors, your toddler will enjoy playing house and building their pretend play skills.
2. Sensory Table – Bring the beach home! This sensory table is a fun, contained way to give your toddler playtime with sand and water. Just grab the beach toys and watch as your toddler plays the day away.
3. Toddler Trampoline – Want to get some of your toddler’s wiggles out? This toddler trampoline is the perfect size for little ones who love to jump.
4. Toddler Bike– We got this bike for my 3-year old and it’s perfect for her! I love that it will grow with her and she can use it until she’s 4-5. It was pretty easy to assemble and is very sturdy!
I hope this list of toddler toys helps you find the perfect gift for your toddler this holiday season! Check out my Amazon storefront here to find other new finds for kids and for mommas too.