Free Text Feature Passage PDF
Text features worksheet PDF including a nonfiction passage and text features graphic organizer! Students will read the sections of the Martin Luther King passage and label each text feature.
Reading, Writing, & Grammar (ELA)
Looking to spice up your literacy block? Students in grades K-5 are exposed to literature and informational texts in order to become strong readers. ELA instruction should be purposeful, yet fun for students. Incorporating games, movement, and hands-on strategies to your literacy instruction can make reading exciting for your young learners! Here are some of my favorite engaging ELA ideas & activities to review reading, writing and grammar standards.
Check out these Literacy Resources:
Engaging ELA Ideas & Activities for K-5 Students
- Holidays Around the World Picture Books
- 5 Cause & Effect Activities You Need!
- Fun Figurative Language Activities for Elementary
- R-Controlled Vowels Activities
- Free Grammar Activities for 3rd Grade
- Activities to Teach Text-Based Writing
- How to Encourage Students before Testing
- Genre Scavenger Hunt: Get FREE Books for your Classroom Library
- 6 Fun Ways to Review Grammar Skills
- Homograph & Homophone Picture Books
- Teaching Students Multiple-Meaning Words
- Fun Activities to Teach Text Features
- Football Classroom Transformation
- Hispanic Heritage Picture Books
- How Are Literacy Centers Set Up?
- Vocabulary Activities for Literacy Centers
- How to Set up a Writing Corner in your Classroom
- End-of-Year Activities that will Save your Sanity!
- Earth Day Picture Books
- Pre-Reading Activities
- Project-Based Learning in the Math Classroom
- How to Use Data Notebooks in the Classroom
- How to Plan a Classroom Transformation
- Kindness Activities for Elementary Students
- 15 Picture Books About Kindness and Empathy
- Teaching Students How to Cite Text Evidence
- Tips for an Effective Classroom Morning Routine
- Engaging Vocabulary Review Ideas
- Teaching the Four Types of Sentences
- FREE Fall Activities for Upper Elementary
- How to Get Reluctant Readers Excited About Reading!
- Activities to Teach Theme with The Never Starting Tales
- 10 Free Winter Activities for Elementary Students
- Engaging Activities to Encourage Movement in the Classroom
- 8 Summer Reading Ideas & Activities for Kids
- 10 Free Earth Day Activities & Resources
- Boot Camp Classroom Transformation
- How To Plan & Organize Literacy Centers
- Writing Construction Classroom Transformation
- Surgery Classroom Transformation
- Test Prep Review Games
- How to Use Interactive Notebooks in the Classroom